Monday, October 11, 2010

I Can't Carry It For You

To Those Who Need Me,

There are things in life that we have to do on our own. Mistakes we have to make, lessons we have to learn, obstacles we have to overcome. There are things in our lives that no one else can do for us, and that we have to accomplish on our own, or not at all. 

We have to find ourselves, because nobody else knows who we are until we do.

With that in mind, it's not difficult for us to feel completely and totally alone. 

So I wanted to say... Just because I can't do it for you doesn't mean I can't be there for you. Just because I can't make your mistakes and learn your lessons doesn't mean I won't hold your hand while you do. Someone will be there for you in your darkest hour. 

We have burdens in life, and often, we must shoulder them by ourselves. And that can be really, really scary. But when you feel as though you're going to shatter beneath the weight of the world, lean on me. 

Whatever burden in your life is holding you down, whatever obstacle in front of you seems completely insurmountable, whatever mistake you think you will never be able to put behind you, meet it head on. And when you do, look beside you. Because I will be there. 

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment